About Shelton and Susie♡
Shelton is a Clinical Member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists and has been in Private Practice as a Therapist for the past thirty-five years. He is an Advanced Clinician in Imago Relationship Therapy and an Imago Workshop Presenter for Couples and Singles trained and certified by Dr Harville Hendrix and has assisted on his workshops many times.
While Shelton has studied in many theories (Shelton has extensive training in Gestalt and Transactional Analysis and is a certified director of Psychodrama) he both loves and highly recommends Imago Relationship Therapy and uses it extensively in his work.
He has worked extensively with couples in intimate relationships and with individuals recovering from the loss of intimacy and now specializes in relationship therapy and bringing people into connection.
He founded and is the director of The Seattle Institute for Relationship Therapy.
Susie is an accomplished Psychotherapist with a Private Practice in Perth, Western Australia who brings to her work an extensive range of skills and experience and on-going training both in Australia and overseas.
She is a certified Advanced Clinician in Imago Relationship Therapy for Couples and Singles and a Couples Workshop Presenter.
Susie has a distinctive style that is a synthesis of her varied and extensive training experiences. She blends the methods of Imago Relationship Therapy, Voice Dialogue, Hakomi Body-centred Psychotherapy, Inner Child and Family-of-Origin Work, Deep Process Work, Family Constellation Work, Energy Work, Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), Sand Tray, and a pot pourri of many other precious resources and tools such as Visualisation and Guided Imagery, Body Dialogue, Movement, Journaling and Ritual.
Susie works with couples, individuals and families.
As an experienced Group Facilitator, she conducts a variety of Workshops, Retreats, groups and courses. She is well known for her INNER CHILD WORK, INTENSIVES (deep processing residential workshops for either couples, families or groups) and WOMEN’S RETREATS.
Another area of specialty is relationship HEALING AFTER AFFAIRS
Susie is committed to teaching practical user-friendly communication TOOLS and SKILLS and processes that lead to personal growth and deep relationship healing and connection, and love and intimacy.
- Excellent presenter— combines wide knowledge and life experience, creativity, sensitivity, deep connection, acceptance, nurturing and responsiveness. Experienced as offering presentations that are innovative, understandable, impactful and transforming.
- Believes that we as humans are at core relational and our deepest healing is done relationally.
- Writer of regular articles on relationships and personal growth. Check out the archives of one of Australia’s well known holistic papers; www.livingnow.com.au. Also see Susies♡heartpathblog for a comprehensive selection of articles.
- Founded, organized and was the inaugural Chairperson of Imago Australia – AIRTA (Association of Imago Relationship Therapists, Australia Inc – http://www.imagocounselling.org.au/) and has represented Australia at International Imago gatherings and conferences several times.
- Regularly sponsored and organized a variety of personal and professional development Trainings and Workshops into Australia of international presenters.
- Clinical Supervisor — assisted on Clinical Trainings and supervised students and trainees in Imago Relationship Therapy.
- Excellent international networker – Susie loves putting people in touch with the infinite possibilities that surround us.
- Has a strong commitment to Group Work and has facilitated a wide range of types of groups.
- Is dedicated to life-long learning.
Relationships Are Easy If You Know How!
- Shelton and Susie have been in a committed loving partnership since early 2001 after meeting at the October 2000 Imago Conference in Detroit, Michigan. They use the tools they teach which they are continuously refining and expanding.
- For many years they were key members of the Imago Global Committee whose mission is to create a new model for marriage and to transform the world one relationship at a time. They are committed to decreasing the divorce rate and educating everyone how to be in a ♡LOVE-ing and safe relationship.
- They attended the first Imago World Summit in New Mexico, USA in April 2003 and many years following. The Imago Summit is an annual gathering of Imago therapists and educators from around the world who come together to explore how to expand and develop conscious relationships and families worldwide. Imago is practiced in more than 28 countries by over 2000 therapists
As experienced relationship counselors and educators they provide a wide variety of workshops, courses, trainings, supervision & private counselling sessions.
Now based in Darlington, Western Australia they specialize in working with couples, individuals, families, and groups as well as relationships and communication in the workplace.
For many years they were the only Workshop Presenters teaching the Imago work throughout Australia presenting the Couples, Singles/Individuals and Parenting Workshops. They have also taught extensively in Seattle and Vancouver as well as in Austria and in August 2005 taught the first Couples Workshop in Chennai, India.
“Never doubt that a small, committed group of thoughtful individuals can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” ~ ♡Margaret Mead
Try it as many times as you think necessary. Then ask yourself and yourself alone one question. This question is one that a very old man asks… Does this path have a heart? If it does, the path is good. If it doesn’t it is of no use.” ~ ♡Carlos Castaneda
Walking and teaching the ♡HEART PATH is our life’s work and play.
How can we more deeply ♡LOVE right NOW is the most important question of every moment, both ourselves and others.
Private COUNSELLING SESSIONS & INTENSIVES
Susie and Shelton are available for private counselling sessions by appointment. Private face-to-face sessions are usually offered at our home office in Darlington or places where we are visiting and presenting, but due to Covid restrictions are only offering online work at this time.
ONLINE COUNSELLING SESSIONS
Appointments available via Facetime, Skype or phone.
“My partner and I have been taking part in Imago Dialogue process over the phone for the past couple of months with Susie. I am normally someone who feels uncomfortable about speaking on the phone for more than a few minutes, so I was therefore very sceptical about the efficacy of doing something as charged and intimate as relationship counselling over the phone. I have however been amazed at how powerful and effective these sessions with Susie have been.
Most striking is Susie’s unfailing attention to what is being said and its significance.
She brings an extraordinary quality of sheer presence to these intense and intimate conversations. Apart from that, I feel that she is unusually skillful as a therapist, knowing exactly how much to allow us to follow our thoughts & feelings, and exactly when and how to intervene.
As people who have both had substantial previous experience of psychotherapy, my partner and I are finding the whole Imago process very effective. The key seems to be to be able to work together, using the Imago process to move us quickly into unprecedentedly deep parts of our psyches.
I can wholeheartedly recommend Susie and the Imago Dialogue process to anyone who wants to have a more real, more alive and more intimate relationship.”
AVR Melbourne, VICTORIA Australia.
INTENSIVES are an opportunity to work on personal and/or professional areas of growth where you process for an extended period of time, preferably over a two day period.
INTENSIVES are especially ideal where there are geographic and/or time constraints that do not allow meeting on a regular basis.
These can be done with either Susie or Shelton facilitating or with both together.
If you have a particular issue or a reoccurring problem in your relationship, family or work that needs some deep attention or you want some one-on-one focused attention to extend the learning and processing from the Workshop, INTENSIVES are highly recommended and encouraged.
People are achieving deep results processing this way especially if the session is done with one’s partner or family members.
Our relationships are the most profound path for personal growth and transformation.