♥LOVE TIP – Wednesday 31st October, 2012
Tomorrow is the beginning of the NOVEMBER 30 Day Being-♥LOVE Campaign. The SPECIAL FOCUS we are suggesting for the NOVEMBER Being-♥LOVE Campaign is ♥LOVE-ing YOURSELF – appreciating YOUR PRECIOUS SELF….. YES YOU!!……What a great gift to give to yourself – focusing your ♥LOVE and attention and acceptance and approval on yourself for 30 days!! How wonderful! You deserve it….♡♥♡
Well do you think that you do? Think that you deserve to be the focus of your ♥LOVE and attention for 30 days!! What about the idea of becoming your own best friend? Your buddy. Your mate. Your nearest and dearest. Your own advocate….Best supporter. Companion. Beloved. Cheer leader….♡♥♡
And in fact what would that look like? What would I be doing differently I ask myself? What are the things that I put off doing that are ♥LOVE-ing to myself?…..The things that I put on the back-burner? ………that I keep putting on the bottom of my ☆To Do List…… So I start thinking about it………What do I keep putting off? What haven’t I done for myself?
1. First thing that pops in is I haven’t had a A Sauna since we’ve come back home from India – and that’s 4 weeks!!!! And I have my own wonderful far-infrared sauna…. and I bought it so that I could have it at home so that I could have one regularly like every day or every other day….. 🙁
2. Second thing is making myself yummie and healthy green juices every morning. The concoction I enjoy the most is a mix of kale, celery, lettuce, broccoli, carrot, apple, kiwi fruit, parsley, fennel, mint, plantain, ginger & maca, mesquite, lucuma, spirulina, hemp powder, lemon juice and a few other goodies topped by my favourite hemp seed 🙂 !!…. I do it spasmodically – when I have time instead of always scheduling time. This isn’t in alignment with my values as ideally it is a non-negotiable for me….but when I look at what I actually do it isn’t….
3. Thirdly, you might remember the task I set myself for the August 30 Day Being-♥LOVE Campaign of snuggling/cuddling with my ♥darling Shelton for a minimum of 5 minutes in the morning before I get out of bed as well as before we go to sleep. Well I’m not doing that either as I’m often up working/writing late and then get up later than him…
4. Fourthly, even those who have only known me for only a short time will have read of my ♥LOVE and adoration for Flowers and Nature…and especially Springtime…. and how being in my garden and in the flowers and in the bush always delights and nourishes me♡♥♡……And how one of the things I did do for a while was post on my Facebook page a picture of a different flower each day and share of its meaning to me. A practice I was going to continue which I haven’t……I look out the windows at all the new different flowers that are blossoming day after day….and notice that the big old splendid white dog rose now has hardly any flowers left, the wisteria flowers have gone, as have the splendid stately purple iris,….and so have many, many more without me taking the time to take pictures of them and be up “close and personal” with them♥……….
5. I love Baths. I have even been known to say in the past that if there were an Olympic event that was sitting in baths for hours I would definitely win the Gold Medal. Veritable hours at a time reading books, snoozing, playing in bubble baths with my girls or having long serious discussions – you know the d-and-m (deep and meaningful) ones – and even with ♥Shelton at times…..or enjoying luxuriating in soft candle-light, the room full of the sweet aroma-mix of gorgeous essential oils……Having a bath thinks I?…….. The last time was……do you know I can’t remember!!! And I do have a lovely big spa bath in my bathroom…..
I am going to stop at 5 as this is getting a bit S-Q-U-I-R-M-Y for me revealing my broken promises to myself to you…….and I am noticing there are more…… 🙁
People often think of ♥LOVE-ing yourself as things like looking in the mirror and saying “I ♥LOVE you, and I’m so happy to BE you!”….or writing ♥LOVE-ing stuff to or about yourself. Well I think things like that would be an interesting experiment for a month but do you know I think if I did that I wouldd probably have lots of voices in my head saying real loudly – NO YOU DON’T!!!!……..as you don’t do the things for yourself that you know are good for you and that ‘philosophically’ you prioritize but continue to put them very low on your ☆To Do List… or in fact they aren’t even scheduled into your diary!!!
Question for you: What do you keep putting off? What haven’t you done for yourself that you promised to yourself?
♥MIRRORING PRACTICE: Share about this with another and have them ♥MIRROR you for a minimum of 5 minutes and then swap, or write about it in your journal.
As far as I am concerned all the things that we say we are going to do and keep ignoring and putting off are like telling lies to ourself. I consider that putting out an intention about doing things is like making a promise to myself……….
So my commitment /promise to myself for my NOVEMBER 30 Day Being-♥LOVE Campaign is to be ♥LOVE-ing and attentive to myself by doing a new thing each day that is nurturing and creates delight for me. I will also post it each day on the Facebook group page. I also commit to indulging myself with a minimum of 1 bath and 1 sauna each week and if I read when I’m in them they can only be novels.
Do you consciously design the life and relationships you want? Do you then go out and commit yourself to doing it/creating it?
It is about how you see yourself AND for me most importantly it is about what are the actions that I do with regard to myself……
How very powerful are ♥Bryant McGill’s words:
“Life is a practice. You are what you do each day”.
And YES I do live in a rare and beautiful environment here at Warm Fuzzy Hill with complete beauty and splendour and magnificence all around. And I do “stop to smell the roses” in fact many times a day…..How blessed and grateful I am…… And I have been on our complete and utter indulging blissful Retreat to India twice this year as well as spending a couple of weeks travelling around there……..And I have had many, many other special and amazing adventures……
I encourage you to join us for this 30 DAY Being-♥LOVE CAMPAIGN…….. to expand your ♥LOVE Skills…….to uncover “the barriers within yourself that you have built against ♥LOVE”….plus much much more…….Here’s the link to the Facebook page where you can join and then I will invite you onto the closed Group page or you can also sign up here on this blog
Sending huge LOVE and blessings to precious and magnificent YOU, gratefully Susie♥
“Little things bring big changes……” ~ Dr John Gray
“The soul grows well when giving and receiving Love.
Love is after all, a verb, an action word, not a noun.” Joan Borysenko
“We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make, which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot see.” Marian Wright Edelman.